Saturday, September 3, 2016

MeiMei's 1st Month

(25 March 2016)
Meimei was born exactly at 40 weeks (birth story)

She was relatively smaller and lighter as compared to Korkor when he was out at 40 weeks too. This delivery was much faster and easier. Then comes the reality and repeat cycle of sleepless nights. I was mentally well prepared that she will be like her brother - not a easy baby to handle.

With the old folk tales, I got A to prepare a gift and told korkor that Meimei brought him this present. So he has to take care and dote on her because meimei loves him too. He was happily opening the present. 

Breastfeeding - Day 1
Breastfeeding journey starts all over again. This time round, Meimei isnt good at latching and hence I experienced crack nipples on both sides! While I was in my hospital gown and it brushes against them, its just simply ouch! Spam all my liquid gold so that they could recover and I am able to feed meimei after 3 hrs later. Lucky meimei seems to be consuming and sucking.

Boobs engorged during the second night. Nurse said that meimei had no dirty diaper and very little wet diaper. Baby Dr is worried and said that I have no milk. She worried that meimei will be dehydrated and suggested me to give FM. Indeed, Mother instinct - I was worried max but I insisted exclusively BF. Lactation consultant came and have a look said that I have good supply of milk on the second day - she is not much worry that meimei is dehydrated. Told me to continue latching. Im goind a great job. 
By end of the day, she pooped and pee. So happy and then we are ready to be discharged on the second day. Waiting for my confinement lady to come. Big mistake this time round and unfortauntely it just went wrong that I had to send aunty back within 2 weeks of my confinement.

Im using my old Avent single pump during my #1 time. This is the amount i managed to pump on the fourth day after postpartum from both sides. I mainly latch meimei most of the time. Only pumped when my breasts are super engorged.

This was when she is about a week old. Her double eyelids are so significant just like A. But her dark black pupils at times just scares me. 

Daily Routine
During the first week, everything was good. I was surprised that meimei gave me a much easier and peacefully nights. She slept every 3hrs or longer, wakes up smiley every time. Nurse her and she is back to sleep. Of course gradually, she needed to be coax or carry to sleep. But I told aunty don do it every time. 

Going to the second week, meimei could almost STTN. For instance, her last feeding time was 11pm, she could wake up at 6am for her next feed. Amazed!

On the other hand, Korkor was quite sticky. As this time round, I went back to my mum's place for confinement. Mil took care of korkor so he couldnt disturb me. Missed him so much during that 2 weeks. The next 2 weeks I returned home as I send aunty back and no one is able to help me to finish up so got to trouble Mil.

It was a hell after I returned because Korkor is just so whiny A.L.L.T.H.E.T.I.M.E. He only does that to mil. I could see that it is taking toll on her already. I am not blaming him, as he is transiting into his next status as a elder brother.

Meimei at 1 month. We didnt have any valid reason not not to hold her 1st month party. We are just purely lazy and to save some money (i guess). Told A that I will do a good and nice party for her 1st year old. 

So this was me when about 2 weeks postpartum. How can I possibly still look good and refresh during confinement. I looked bad in shape and smell bad. Didnt bathe for that one month. Only started to wipe dry myself after 3rd week.

Now Im all good. Meimei is good to me too!

Loves,
WN

No comments: